The Albuquerque Rescue Mission was founded 1954 as Albuquerque Gospel Mission. Arthur Fleischer and his wife moved from Chicago to Albuquerque specifically to start the Mission after being powerfully impacted by their involvement in the Pacific Garden Mission.
AGM was a ministry to the poor and homeless men and women of Albuquerque. A house on First Street was the original site, providing ministry, shelter, food, and clothing.
A building and property on Second Street was donated 1960, by Local Union Number 611 International Brotherhood of Electrical Workers. The Albuquerque Rescue Mission operated from that location for nearly four decades, with a separate dormitory building added in 1973.